To live so that others will become disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
To be people who provide opportunities for community worship, spiritual growth and missionary service.
United Methodists hold to the historic doctrines of the Christian faith. We value the intellect and modern science, while at the same time look to the Bible as the authoritative guide for faith and practice. As Methodists our passionate faith is advanced by strong convictions. Yet, we also recognize that the world is not always black and white. We are willing to ask questions, to wrestle with difficult issues, and to do so with grace and compassion. At Westlake United Methodist Church, we welcome people of all ages, races, social and economic backgrounds, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Our emphasis has been on personal faith, lived out in the world with direction and purpose.
- Expand and enhance worship opportunities to include a wide range of experiential options for parishioners and community
- Involve 50% of total membership in hands-on mission projects
- Encourage 15 new lay initiated ministries on ongoing basis
- Involve 50% of average attendance in worship in weekly or bi-weekly small groups which provide opportunities for community, care, spiritual growth, and service (preferred to be in addition to Sunday morning)
- Have age appropriate discipleship programs that would be introductory and intermediate levels